EdComm Job Vacancies
EdComm is seeking a full-time Education Officer
The mission of Anglican EdComm is to promote biblically-shaped education by working alongside teachers facilitating their growth in each stage of their vocation.
It is seeking to appoint a full-time (in term time) Education Officer.
The role includes:
• Working with the specific teachers identified by their schools and teachers/leaders in other contexts to promote teaching as a vocation to senior students and beyond;
• Equipping teachers and those training to be teachers to think and teach biblically about the purpose of education, pedagogy, curriculum, assessment, pastoral care and faith/spiritual development;
• Presenting within and across-schools accredited courses, programs and workshops for the full range of teachers in Junior and Senior schools;
• Establishing robust relationships with individual teachers and groups of teachers and building networks of these people in order to encourage, inspire and equip them for their task.
The appointee will...
• Have current teaching qualifications, experience in classroom teaching and have held a leadership position, possess a Master’s degree in education or be in the process of seeking one;
• Be able to demonstrate experience in building strong relationships and positively influencing University students, primary and secondary teachers and school leaders;
• Be familiar with Anglican schools, be a mature practising Christian, well-read in thinking and teaching biblically and have a track record in integrating Christian faith within their life and their educational practice;
• Have a substantial knowledge of the formal curriculum, Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at all levels and be familiar with and able to engage in a credible fashion with contemporary educational issues;
• In the delivery of courses and in consultancy, be a dynamic and persuasive presenter, a good listener, very adaptable and humble in disposition;
• Be multi-talented, very well organised, a self-starter and a good team player;
• Be a fluent communicator and possess the skills to write curriculum support materials, thoughtful essays and pithy commentaries on relevant educational issues.
A covering letter, full CV including your WWCC number and the names of at least three referees, one of whom should be your current church minister should be forwarded to the Executive Director, Anglican EdComm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment screening is mandatory in accordance with legislative requirements.